4:20 - 5:05pmI came in like a wrecking ball - Trauma #1: Abdo/Thoracic/Pelvis Trauma
Dr. Joe Nemeth
- Review abdo/thoracic/pelvic trauma in children, presenting material at the level of a PEM fellow/adult emergency medicine consultant.
- Review indicated investigations and subsequent management utilizing a case based approach.
- Highlight evidence-based management and variations in practice patterns where appropriate.
- Discuss common and important thoracoabdominal injuries
- Discuss traumatic coagulopathy and review damage control resuscitation
- Discuss literature around TXA
- Review the literature on trauma fluid and inotropic support
- Discuss the role of imaging in evaluation of thoracoabdominal injury
- Highlight ATLS updates specific to pediatrics