10:40 - 11:15amA broken heart that the world forgot - Child Maltreatment
Dr. Elizabete Doyle
- Review child maltreatment topics, presenting material at the level of a PEM fellow/adult emergency medicine consultant.
- Highlight evidence-based management and variations in practice patterns where appropriate.
- Review indicated investigations and subsequent management utilizing a case-based approach.
- Identify the importance of first presentations of child abuse
- Review the patterns of childhood physical, sexual, and emotional abuse
- Learn an approach to emergency department assessment of children presenting with concerns for maltreatment