3:30 - 4:15pmBreathe in, Breathe out - The Difficult Paediatric Airway
Dr. Greg Mosdossy
- Present material at the level of a PEM fellow/adult emergency medicine consultant.
- Highlight evidence-based management and variations in practice patterns where appropriate.
Utilize a case-based approach to review considerations around the difficult pediatric airway.
- Identify predictors of a difficult pediatric airway
- Discuss the use of various supplemental equipment in management of a difficult pediatric airway (bougie, GlideScope, airway introducer etc)
- Review indications and techniques for a surgical airway
- Review difficult airway cases highlighting the key considerations for various scenarios.