8:00 - 8:45amProcedural Sedation
Dr. Maala Bhatt
- Review procedural sedation topics in children utilizing a case-based approach, presenting material at the level of a PEM fellow/adult emergency medicine consultant.
- Highlight evidence-based management and variations in practice patterns where appropriate.
- Identify candidates for ED procedural sedation
- Describe indications for PSA
- Review common sedation medications and their applications
- Identify factors to be considered when selecting a sedation medication
- Provide an approach to addressing potential complications
Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, ON