6:00 - 6:45pmThe Difficult Pediatric Airway
Dr. Charisse Kwan
- Present material at the level of a PEM fellow/adult emergency medicine consultant.
- Highlight evidence-based management and variations in practice patterns where appropriate.
- Utilize a case-based approach to review considerations around the difficult pediatric airway.
- Identify predictors of a difficult pediatric airway
- Discuss the use of various supplemental equipment in management of a difficult pediatric airway (bougie, GlideScope, airway introducer)
- Review indications and techniques for needle cricothyroidotomy and a surgical airway
- Review difficult airway cases highlighting the key considerations for various scenarios.
Children's Hospital, London, ON